Stock monitoring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock monitoring question

Firstly, I've been designing and adding stock to a site using Designer. I know this isn't the normal way, but as it's a site for my wife and it's my first project I wanted it all in one area to work on. We are now getting close to getting the site up and running and whilst checking the stock system out I noticed the Monitored? under the Stock Levels window.

None of the stock levels has a tick by it, so does that mean that we will egt no warning if the stock is too low? If that is the case is there a way to get them "bulk" ticked?

To confuse me even more I see that under Business Settings / Options there is a Stock Control / Monitoring section header. Currently it is set to Enable Online Stock Control, but below is an option that says Enable Stock Monitoring.

To get it right in my head does the option Enable Online Stock Control mean it handles everything, including Monitoring? Does Enable Stock Monitoring just mean it will tell you how much you have if you run a report?

Originally posted by Wulfstan View Post
    To get it right in my head does the option Enable Online Stock Control mean it handles everything, including Monitoring? Does Enable Stock Monitoring just mean it will tell you how much you have if you run a report?
    Online Stock Control does it all, however you need to ensure that all products that you need to control are set individually as it is possible to switch off stock control on some products whilst allowing it on others.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
    X