Import / Stock Qty / In Numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import / Stock Qty / In Numbers?

I export a site for a day or two, do some trading & some stock additions & then import the site excluding "All Orders" & including "All content". I find that both my invoice numbering sequence & stock qty's have reverted back to what they were when the site was exported.

The sales processed & invoices raised between snapshots remain as they should, but any new invoices raised start from the last invoice on the old snapshot/export, giving duplicate invoice numbers.

Is there a "correct" way to import with a live store, am I being stupid or is Actinic V10 stupid?

I really don't want to have to manually sort stock qty's & be running duplicate invoice numbers yet again...........

Thanks.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

If it's a live site, why do you export to make changes, can't you just complete them on the live site, not understanding why you do the export and have it away from the site for a few days? Isn't that creating the problem? If you are making stock changes, wh are you making them on and how do they get applied to the site. Sorry if it is me being a bit thick, struggling to understand what you do and more importantly why.

Comment

Lee,

The site goes out occasionaly for design work & optimisation, in the time between exporting & importing the snapshot I'll have processed sales & raised invoices.

Logic tells me that if I can process while a snapshot is out (?), that the stock values aren't touched by importing - hence why I didn't expect increasing stock levels for incoming purchase orders would cause a problem.

I also don't understand why excluding the "All Orders" option during import reverts the invoice sequence back to what it was with the first, original snapshot?

I (possibly incorrectly) though that it was easy / common to export a snapshot out for this type of work & import the altered version back without it affecting the "business" side of things.

Thanks.

Comment

Your designer / seo company should be able to take your snapshot, make changes and pass back partial design snapshots and catalog imports rather than passing back full snapshots.

Comment

OK, Thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
          X