Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalog / Mobile

Hi,

Am I right in saying that Actinic Catalog also does not have any mobile access capabilities ?
    Baby Bedding, Nursery Bedding & Baby Stuff for your little ones...

Meaning, is it optimised for mobile web browsing?

It's not optimised, but people can easily view Actinic sites and make orders on a smart phone. And they do.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

From what i understand its the checkout process that causes the problems in trying to optimise for smart phones

Comment

Arguably a cut down checkout template would be better for mobiles and arguably i'm not so sure normal browsers wouldn't benefit from this also anyway.

Comment

Making it css will sort it. Unfortunately that's a big change in the catalog and perl scripts.

Comment

It might be helpful for those using paypal to know that if you add Paypal Express payments to your checkout that this method of checking out IS optimised for mobiles. (well according to Paypal anyway)
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Yes, PayPal's payment pages for the PayPal Payments option within Actinic is mobile centric and redirects to a mobile.paypal address instead of the usual desktop browser version payment pages.

Building a truly mobile template for Actinic is possible, but it would have to be as an additional site, not the same site serving up both desktop browser and mobile browser versions, as a great many differences exist between what is needed in the desktop and what is needed in the mobile version, plus for a truly mobile version it needs to be as slim as possible, so as not to drain the life out of someones 3G allowances, so a certain amount of AI (conditions and inspections) needs to be conducted to cover it all.

I have been working on such a template for the last 6 months (on and off) as a framework for custom adjustments and deployments for clients. Still a little way to go just yet, but if anyone is interested then email off thread and discuss more about it.

Ian

Comment

Hi There,

Please excuse the thread crash, I just wanted to mention that Actinic online, our cloud based ecommerce platform, can easily be set up for smart phone and tablet PC customers, please see :

http://www.actinic.co.uk/online-ecom...ile-store.html

Andy Porter
                Actinic online Sales

Comment

Working...
                X