Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Reorder Product sections with out loosing product or crashing actinic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Reorder Product sections with out loosing product or crashing actinic?

Hi,

I am using v10.0.4

We have recently added Megamenu's to our website and need to re-order our product sections so they look better in the menu's.

We have found in the past when re-ordering menu's actinic either crashes or makes products disappear.

Can anybody suggest anything to make sure these problems don't arise?

Or

Is there any software that will enable us to reorder product sections outside of actinic?

Thanks,
    Jacob

You might find this useful:
    http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Cat...ting_Tool.html
    There's a free trial too.

Comment

I had a look at that product, does it allow you to re order in any order, or is it just for re-ordering in a certain order like alphabetically etc...?

Comment

There would have to be some sort of chronological basis as sorting by telepathy has not yet been mastered. If you have no set order and it's more as you want it, I think you just need to make sure all other programs are closed, proceed slowly with the moves and snapshot regularly. I've rarely had problems that way and with a snapshot you can always retrieve at least some of the work should the dreaded loss happen. Some people advocate a 'cut and paste' rather than a drag, worth considering also.

Remember the shift key which when pressed lets you put sections where and at which levels you want them.

Comment

Ah I did not know that about the Shift button. Always annoyed my that I couldn't re order sections with out that section being placed in, instead of below.

Thanks for your help

Comment

lol, liking the sorting by telepathy, the tool sorts sections title or custom var, so if you want a randomish order the only way to do it is to addd a custom var to define the order, I don't think this is what you want but thought I would use this opportunity to show off for my clever little sorting tool :-)

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X