Help Please - Home page not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please - Home page not showing

Over the last two days our home page has suddenly stopped displaying. We have not made any recent changes to the site but all of a sudden the home page won't display.

I have twice done a complete site refresh and the hone page has displayed again for a short while but then stopped again a short while after and I am at a loss to understand why.

Could I ask someone with far more technical understanding than I have if you could have a look at the page to see if it is possible to identify what is happening as the page is trying to load and where the problem might lie.

My gut feeling is a java script which maybe links to a TP server to pull data back - but that's only because I can't think of anything else it might be.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Rob
    For all your car, motorcycle and marine care, cleaning and detailing products.

It looks like you have been hacked. Change your ftp password and check your PC for any virus. Also contact your host and get them to check their side.

Comment

There's nothing between your home page's <body> and </body> tags but a lump of inline JavaScript.

Does you home page display when you Preview it in Actinic?
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

There's an iframe in the homepage linking to some dubious site.

Comment

Guys - many thanks - page appears okay in preview so assume if hacked they got in direct at server and not through our network and would also expalin why after refresh it appears for a while.

Will contact host now and get them to reset passwords etc. Or is this something I should be able to do from my end using filezilla?
          Rob

Comment

Filezilla won't reset passwords. You need to log in to your ISP's control panel and change things from there. Or contact their support people.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman - many thanks - does seem likely that the hack has occurred directly at the server side if all renders okay on the preview? I am still scanning all our network PCs this side just in case.
              Rob

Comment

Morning.

Spent several hours into yesterday morning with server support looking at what issues may have been. Came into office this morning and fired up actinic and noted following error showing which I had not seen over the weekend.

Could this be the issue or is this just something connected to our news page - strange however that I had not see this error before?:

Thanks
                Rob

Comment

I don't think that's related to your hacking problem.

Comment

Thanks Duncan much appreciated - didn't want to refresh with that in the back of my mind. Fortunately since the work the hosting guys did on Sunday everything has remained as it should display and I keep my fingers crossed that the issue has been resolved.

Just as a matter of interest what do people recommend these days for anti-virus/hack protection of home/business network PCs and Microsoft Small Business Server 2003.

I want to ensure we have the latest security in place just in case.

Thanks
                    Rob

Comment

I've seen that error condition a few times - it comes from having one external design that is used for both catalog and brochure pages and then using that variable. You'll find the error only appears on catalog pages but not on brochure pages.
                      Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                      SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                      Based in rural Northants

Comment

Go to the content tab and then switch back to the design tab and the error usually goes in my experience. It's a phantom one, ignore it, makes no difference.

Comment

Working...
                        X