Flash Banner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash Banner

I intend adding flash banner slides to my site at www.gprsmodems.co.uk using PHP. Ideally I would like it on the home page only, replacing the header text. Is there any way of using the header space for the banner only on the index page and all other pages to display the header details as they show now? I realise I could embed into the content part of the index page, however I feel the banner would be too far down the page.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards

John A.

Put your code within a BlockIf containing the variable IsFrontPage. And use ! IsFrontPage for the usual stuff. E.g:
    Code:
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsFrontPage%22%20%2f%3e" >
    	Flash code here
    </actinic:block>
    <actinic:block if="%21%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsFrontPage%22%20%2f%3e" >
    	Normal code here
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
      Put your code within a BlockIf containing the variable IsFrontPage. And use ! IsFrontPage for the usual stuff. E.g:
      Code:
      	Flash code here
      <actinic:block if="%21%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsFrontPage%22%20%2f%3e" >
      	Normal code here
      Norman

Many thanks for the fast response. Would this work putting the code within the "Layout Code - Header Text" section?

John

Comment

Try it and see. E.g., replace layout Header Text's contents with:
        Code:
           Flash code here
           <p>
              <actinic:variable name="HeaderText" />
           </p>

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't use flash anywhere on a website these days.

An ever expanding number of people own an apple mobile device and with flash you might as well just put up a sign saying "Apple users not welcome".

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Code:
               Flash code here
               <p>
               </p>
            Norman

Many thanks for your help I will try the code later.

Comment

Code:
                 Flash code here
                 <p>
                 </p>
              Norman

I am entering PHP code, do I need to use <actinic:block php="true"> somewhere before the "block if" statement?

Comment

Probably not. The <actinic:block php="true">...</actinic:block> is used for running PHP on your desktop machine when building the pages.

I presume that you have some PHP that you intend to run from your server and in that case just use the usual <?php ... ?> syntax and, of course, make sure that the page filename ends in .php or whatever other file types your server is set up to parse as PHP.

Comment

Probably not. The <actinic:block php="true">...</actinic:block> is used for running PHP on your desktop machine when building the pages.

I presume that you have some PHP that you intend to run from your server and in that case just use the usual <?php ... ?> syntax and, of course, make sure that the page filename ends in .php or whatever other file types your server is set up to parse as PHP.
                  Thanks Norman I will try it out. Regards John

Comment

Working...
                  X