Upgrade to V11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to V11

We have been using V10 business plus for some time now and have a few queries/problems, but the site is working

What are the benefits & differences in V11 to V10.02 Business Plus?

Do I need to do a site upgrade to accomodate any changes in V11 or is it a straight upgrade/update

I have asked Actinic for information, but sadly have not received anything useful at all to help & advise us.

Positive views and contributions welcome from other Actinic users

Hi Peter, the release notes are always a good thing to have a read of, they will tell you the main changes made to the new version. The biggies in v11 are the new SPP method and online self-managed accounts, there are other smaller features too along with some general improvements to performance and the way things work. Unless you are a cover customer or experiencing difficulties on your current version I always advise upgrading if you have a specific reason to.

Since v8, upgrading is largely problem free, but as always important to check especially on all browsers. You can also run v10 and v11 on the same system so can leave the main site trading and independently upgrade it to v11, you can even have both versions open at the same time.

PS - you should always be on the latest interim version of a main version, 10.0.2 has far more problems than 10.0.4.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      The biggies in v11 are the new SPP method
      Don't forget when upgrading you will need to run Actinic's standalone convertor to get the products from previous versions into SPP enabled formats after importing into v11

Upgrading as Lee says is mostly pain free, generally the less modifications you have made to a site the easier it is. It is always worth allocating a couple of hours to check a site through after upgrading and always upload to a temp location first to ensure all is working as expected. Hacks to javascripts and .pl layouts will generally be lost upon upgrade.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

So what I can find as new is:

Online Accounts
        (I trust this is optional, like most things)

Order Tracking & Order History
        (would like to see how this works, as it sounds good)

Single use coupons
        (would like to see how this works, as it sounds good)

Single product pages
        (I need to have a look at what this is to understand it more)

SEO/Design/Usability Improvements
        (need to see the change on these, but improvements are usually good)

is there anything I have missed guys?
        No improved reporting etc.?

Any experience from people who have just upgraded from 10 to 11?

Comment

Working...
        X