server disk quota exceeded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

server disk quota exceeded

Hi I got an email from Actinic saying I had exceeded the hosting disk quota.

Logged in the Parallels Plesk control panel and the report says

Disk space limit

1.46 GB

Size

1.47 GB

So I have reduced my Picture file from 2.09Gb to 1.09 Gb and Refreshed the website, yet the Plesk control panel still shows 1.47Gb usage. Please can anyone explain why I am not seeing the extra 1 Gb reduction I made in pictures.

Thanks

D

I'm no server expert but I believe the statistics might be run as an overnight batch job.

When did you make the changes?

Mike

Ps. did you change the image sizes or just delete some unused ones. Your post is a bit ambiguous on this.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi

I changed some images and deleted a load more. I was tending to leave the manufacturers original in the folder, which of course was much too large, so was never used.

I made a copy of the picture folder on my local drive (outside Actinic) before I made any changes to the original, in case I lost anything and so I could see the difference in size.

I got the email about being over quota today. TonightI logged in to the control panel and assumed I could do a typical before and after view, to see the changes. If they only update over night that might explain it. Also they may leave it to show I have gone over so they can bill me :-(

thanks

D

Comment

It's important to remember that Actinic will only upload the images that are used on the site so deleting / moving others from your images file on the PC won't make any diffence to the size of the site on the server. Only the changed images will have any impact.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X