View/Edit Extended Info page code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View/Edit Extended Info page code

Due to the fact that in V10 it is not possible to view extended info page content, I can not find the page code in order to edit the side bar content

Can someone point me in the right direction please!

Originally posted by bagginmachine View Post
    Due to the fact that in V10 it is not possible to view extended info page content, I can not find the page code in order to edit the side bar content

Can someone point me in the right direction please!
    On the Extended Information option of page details there is a preview button, middle right hand edge in the product section. This toggles the preview from main page to extended page and toggles the layout view as well.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by malbro View Post
      On the Extended Information option of page details there is a preview button, middle right hand edge in the product section. This toggles the preview from main page to extended page and toggles the layout view as well.
      Thanks Malcolm! I found the button and the required code but now the "preview" button has vanished and I can't find the darn thing again. I hoped that when I exited the extended info preview mode it would re-appear!

Comment

It will if you are on the ext info sub menu, only shows on there.

Comment

On the very odd occasion the preview link is visible but generally it is not to be seen unless I go through several different products until I find one that has it. Even then if I navigate away and then go back, it will have disappeared. Bizarre!

Comment

I have re-installed 10.0.4 LDZA but the preview button is still not working correctly. Are there any known issues using Windows 7 on a 64bit PC? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bagginmachine View Post
              I have re-installed 10.0.4 LDZA but the preview button is still not working correctly. Are there any known issues using Windows 7 on a 64bit PC? Thanks
              I am using Win7 x64 and I have seen occasions where the Item that should be greyed out is missing, but this when I am using remote access to another machine. I am writing this on a Win7 x64 machine with Actinic V10.0.0.4 open.

The preview button is only visible if you have ticked the Generate Popup page top left of the Extended Information option of Product Details, if the box is not ticked then the button is normally greyed out (probably not showing at all on your machine). The product also shows a yellow plus sign to indicate there is an extended page in the content tree.

The Preview button is a toggle, click it once for preview, switch between Product Details and Page View to see the page, or Layout Code to see the coding, switch back to Product Details and click preview again to go back to normal view

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
              SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
              Custom Packages

Comment

Thanks for all your comments! There is clearly a problem running this version on my PC. I have a good spec Intel i7 core 64 bit HP machine running Windows 7 Professional which I only bought 3 months ago. I have installed V10 on an older 64 bit PC and the Preview button is visible and works just fine so at least I know what should be happening now! I also get a few other crash problems when licensing new sites. Any ideas where I can go from here?

Comment

I have now installed XP Mode Virtual Machine and installed V10 on it. Everything works perfectly so there is a compatibility issue somewhere!

Comment

Working...
                  X