HTML problems in product description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML problems in product description

I am having problems with some very simple html which is included in product descriptions which I have imported.
    This is just one example:-

The text in product detail reads:

!!<P>!!Faithfull lightweight Aviation Tinsnips are manufactured to a high specification which includes a safety locking latch, strong opening spring and slip guards for protection on each handle.!!<BR>!!They are designed to cut up to 1.2 mm sheet steel, non-ferrous material, vinyls, plastic and rubber.!!<BR>!!Formed blades in satin finish are serrated to prevent sheet metal slipping.!!<BR>!!Effortless power is delivered to the blades via a double fulcrum compound cutting action.!!</P>!!!!<P>!!Type: Yellow PVC Handle - Straight Cutting Snips.!!<BR>!!Size: 250mm (10in)!!</P>!!

But it appears on the site:

PFaithfull lightweight Aviation Tinsnips are manufactured to a high specification which includes a safety locking latch, strong opening spring and slip guards for protection on each handle.BRThey are designed to cut up to 1.2 mm sheet steel, non-ferrous material, vinyls, plastic and rubber.BRFormed blades in satin finish are serrated to prevent sheet metal slipping.BREffortless power is delivered to the blades via a double fulcrum compound cutting action./PPType: Yellow PVC Handle - Straight Cutting Snips.BRSize: 250mm (10in)/P

Am i missing something extrememely obvious?

Thanks in advance for your help

!!<

include full html here

>!!

eg.

!!<

<p>this is a paragraph</p>

>!!

Comment

Thanks Lee problem solved, is this the case with all programs or just Actinic? If it is universal I don't understand why my supplier would have sent the the description in that format.

Thanks

Comment

IF you want Actinic to process certain parts as html, you use those markers to tell it to do so. Personally, i would recommend staying away from html as much as possible, there seems no requirement for you to use it. I would strip out all the tags and use the 'enter' button to give me carriage returns. Being able to write and understand html should not be a requirement to fill out some text and bullet points aside, you can usually do anything you need to without the need for html, often just by breaking a page up into fragments, which is what the facility is there for anyway.

Simple things such as <BR> is to give a line break, you can just press retun in the description field to get on of those, so why bother with html. If supplier provides the html, just strip out the crud and get back to basic text.

Comment

Best ask your supplier what formatting he's using as !! isn't standard HTML embedding.

It kind of looks as if he's trying to supply the correct format for embedding HTML in actinic but has made an error.

You should be able to correct it by replacing '!!<' with '!!<<' and '>!!' with '>>!!' but best to go back to your supplier and see what he's trying to do.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I would rather not have the HTML at all, however unfortunately the 7000+ products I am importing are laced with it.

Thank you both for your assistance.

Comment

If it comes over in a spreadsheet, you could do a CTRL-H and replace all html with nothing, thus removing them very quickly, probably take a minute to clear them all.

Comment

Excellent, solved my problem.
                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X