Components.... how do I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Components.... how do I?

Been trying to get my head round components and attributes/choices but can't work out how to get what I want.

Basically have a product that comes in 4 different sizes. Each size is a different price and a different product code.

Ideally I'd like to use a drop down for customers to choose the size they want, but I can't figure how to do this. Do I need to create a different product for each size?

Could somebody do a step-by-step?

I've tried the help files, but not found them overly helpful :-(

Search the help for 'permutations', they are what you need to do. Or, when you have a product selected, select the 'product options' menu, that's a wizard that guides you through, can't get any easier than that way.

Comment

Thanks Lee... managed to get choice and attribute sorted. Almost there... not sure how I associate separate products within attributes/choices. The help file talks about creating products for each variation ''The 'Add a New Options' wizard will do this for you.'' Eh? All I can seem to do with the options wizard is add new attributes and choices.

There's another note about creating products and then hiding them. Is this so you can add them into the permutations later? I noticed you can add a product against an attribute...

Comment

Ok... I'm almost there.
        I can't see how to show tax inclusive prices in my drop downs.

In my permutations I have:
        Pricing set to 'associated products'
        Price set to £0.00
        Associated product is linked to an actual product with correct price set.
        Tax from associated product is ticked
        Ditto shipping

Dummy product is set to sum of component prices.

Yet the dropdown shows the VAT exclusive price. The only options in permutations are to show tax messages...

What am I missing?

Comment

Not possible as standard, look in the KB for instructions on how to do it, you have to add your own VAT rate on as I presume you put your prices in nett of VAT.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            Not possible as standard, look in the KB for instructions on how to do it, you have to add your own VAT rate on as I presume you put your prices in nett of VAT.
            So do I have to have prices set as 'inclusive of tax' in business settings? And let Actinic display the VAT at the checkout?

Excuse all the questions as I've always set prices net of VAT on other sites. I just want to make sure it's going to be correct when I upload.

Comment

You can choose either way, if you put your prices in nett of vat, then you need to make the changes as mentioned in the KB article. You have the preview screen to check any work you do, no need to upload and risk something going live incorrectly. Window > split view layout is my favoured setup.

Comment

Working...
              X