Bounce Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bounce Problem

When clicking Back from the Extended Info page, if the thumbnail is a duplicate the page returns to the top and not the thumbnail it was on. This might send a visitor away if it happens in a section where there are a lot of duplicate products. Does anyone know a way around this?

As always, an URL of a faulty page and a note of a particular product to try will help.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

This only happens in Internet Explorer

Whenever you go Back from the Extended Info to the thumbnail - on any product thoughout the entire website - you can see that the IE browser goes back to the appropriate thumbnail but as soon as the page has fully reloaded it bounces to the top of the page. Very wierd, very disconcerting. Definitely will drive visitors away. Here is an example page:

http://www.madaboutjewellery.com/aca...arklers_6.html (where you can see your amazing MultiMenu in action Norman).

IN ALL OTHER BROWSERS
      I think I have resolved the original problem of not returning to duplicate thumbnails. I have change the Continue Shopping (Back To Product List button) variable to <actinic:variable name="EncodedProductAnchor" /> instead of <actinic:variable name="ProductReference" /> This seems to work now.

Comment

I still see problems with http://www.madaboutjewellery.com/aca...arklers_6.html and product Spotlight Set (which after much clicking around I discovered was one of the few Duplicates on that page - it would have helped save me a lot of effort if you'd told us about one).

The BACK TO PRODUCT LIST is using anchor #adn208 but the page uses

<a name="a3_21dn208"></a>

and there's also a weird

<a href=""></a>

Immediately after that.

Comment

Sorry Norman,
          Had Actinic for so many years, upgrade after upgrade after upgrade, endless layout modifications, additions, infinite design tweaks, over 2000 products many requiring slightly different layouts. It's no wonder there's weird bits of residue!!

I have solved the duplicate issue. It is no longer a problem.

My new problem is Internet Explorer. The only browser that won't return to the thumbnail from the extended info page for any product, anywhere across the entire site, dulicate or original! I have tried IE v7 and IE v9. Maybe it's something obvious. I might have got too close and can't see the wood for the trees! But I gotta fix it because most people use IE and it will drive visitors away.

Comment

The problem I mention in post #4 is happening in all browsers.

AHAH! Update. It just cleared here. Looks like you made an Update. IE9 is now fine on the Spotlight item.

Comment

That's great Norman.

Are you aware of the IE problem of bouncing to the top of the page when the page finishes loading? I think this is something to do with my configuration because it doesn't happen with other Actinic sites.

Tell me you know exactly what it is and that it's easy to fix please Norman!!

I seem to spend most of my time fixing problems recently!

Comment

Working...
              X