Layout problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layout problem

I've asked before but didn't have a site to show the example, but I have now. Basically the site I've created has random layout issue which involve the text being displayed by the right hand side of the image. They should all be under the image.

I can't see any reason for it because having compared the settings on two different pages I can't see any difference. Any body got any ideas?

The site is www.mybeautifulbeads.co.uk

If you go to Kits you can see an example of the layout problem. Beads shows it as it should be. Any help would be gratefully received.

Hi

One of the experts will be along soon, in the meantime... I experience this also. I either make the image a bit wider and it forces the text down or if I want to keep the image size I simply add blank lines before the main text.

Maybe having blank space first has some negative effect for SEO, but I dont think so.

D

Comment

You can fix this by adding a line that forces all descriptions to start full width below the image. Do this:

Select a product in the Content tree.

Click the Design tab.

In the Page Preview pane, click on a bit of the product description text.

In the layout code pane, you should see:
      Code:
      			<actinic:variable name="ProductDescription" />
      Note this may display as just ProductDescription.

Immediately above this add a line:
      Code:
      			<br clear="all" />
      OK out and that should be you fixed.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Many thanks for the help but unfortunately it affects the wrong place. I tried it and and it drops the description below the image, but it's the Title's that are displayed on the section page that are in the wrong place.

I did poke around and see if adding the code would work on another option but no go. So if anybody else has any ideas that would be great.

Sussed it. Under Section Link Layout it was set to use CSS. I saw you could set it to have the link underneath. Sorted. Easy when you know how...DOH!!!
        Last edited by Wulfstan; 13-May-2012, 03:27 PM. Reason: Update msg

Comment

Working...
        X