Order Information Displaying Strangely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Information Displaying Strangely

I work on a greeting card website and implemented a personalisation system a little while ago, allowing the user to enter a custom message which is fed into the Other Info prompt for me to receive when a customer completes an order. I then print this message into the card and send it. The website is http://www.cardoons.co.uk/

On the printed invoice, the personalisation text looks as it should with line breaks etc. However as far as I know, the only way I can look at the user's personal message within Actinic is to go to the order, right click and go to View Order, and then go to Mail > Edit (please correct me if I am wrong on this). The problem is that the message has dashes and line breaks where they shouldn't be. The reason this is an issue is because this is where I copy and paste the message to be printed into the card, so I need to amend the message each time; it's also a little worrying that the message isn't displaying correctly here.

I've attached a screenshot of how the Mail > Edit screen looks, whereas the print out reads:

Code:
    TOP:
    Dear William

13 today

Have a very

BOTTOM:
    Loads of Love

Grampy Nick and Granny...
    Does anyone have any ideas on this one? Many thanks.
    Attached Files
    Adapt Design & Advertising
    www.adaptdesign.com

Cardoons.co.uk - Cards With An Inflated Personality
    www.cardoons.co.uk

What you're using for the personalisation text is custom code, not standard Actinic capability, so only that developer can tell you for sure where to look.

Perhaps you can see it in a better format as below:

Open an order and in Line Items, double-click an order line that has personalisation. Look in the Order Line / Other Input field (it may be greyed out and you may have to scroll down but all the text there is selectable and can be copied to the clipboard.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman, the personalisation message is displayed in a clearer way within Line Items. However to view this, the order gets moved to the 'pending' tab, and in order to move the order back to the 'complete' tab, the invoice automatically prints out again. Is there a way to stop this from happening?
      www.adaptdesign.com

www.cardoons.co.uk

Comment

I don't know how to prevent the order re-printing. Perhaps someone else does.

Of course, on new orders, you can view the customer info before you complete the order.

Also note that you can right-click the Other Input field and select Zoom to see the customer entered info in a separate bigger window.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

We'll do as you suggested - do the copy and pasting before printing the order, seems to be the easiest way around it. Thanks again Norman.
          www.adaptdesign.com

www.cardoons.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X