Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changes being merged instead of overwritten

Hi
    I'm making design changes for a client but whenever he imports the snapshot any code I've added is being added but any code I've removed remains which is causing all sorts of problems.

It's as if the snapshot is being merged into the existing version rather than overwriting it.

He's been exporting and importing snapshots for a couple of years so I don't think he's doing it wrong and I can't see how he could get them to merge even if he was.

Does anyone have any ideas please as it's very difficult to support the client when changes to the design work ok in my development installation but are not being carried over through the snapshot to his installation?

A design snapshot simply adds, never known it to also delete at same time. You should look to create new layouts and apply those instead. A DS that could delete too would be carnage.

Comment

Send them a partial design snapshot with just the ammended layouts.

Comment

Just to clarify

Sorry I wasn't clear, I'm using design but am sending them a full snapshot and they're importing the site not the design.

Surely if you make design changes and remove an element then you want that deleted from their design?

In this case they had an image slideshow on the front page. I've removed this by removing the javascript that runs the slideshow from the javascript header element in the design library and removing the div that displays the element on the page however when they import a snapshot these bits of code aren't removed from their site although any changes where I've added code are put in.

How do you produce a partial design snapshot and how will this be different?

Regards

Ruth

Comment

Working...
        X