Can a second Catalog page be set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a second Catalog page be set up?

We are introducing a new type of product to our website - up until now all products have been greeting cards and we are now going to offer party items. All of the Greeting Cards are contained within their own Catalog.

I can't seem to find a way to set up a new catalog for the party items - is there a way to do so, or will I have to add the party items to the Greeting Cards catalog and use brochure pages to make it look as though there are two main sections? The latter approach is probably not too good for SEO and will make the website tree a bit messy, so fingers crossed there is a way around this...!

Thanks in advance.
    Adapt Design & Advertising
    www.adaptdesign.com

Cardoons.co.uk - Cards With An Inflated Personality
    www.cardoons.co.uk

Your use of the term 'catalog' doesn't mean much to me.

Just as in a real shop you might have different sections to organise your products you do the same thing in Sellerdeck.

SEO is not a problem.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike,

Please see the attached image. The Greeting Cards section is a "Catalog page" whereas the Gifts section I have set up (for the new party items) is a "brochure page". It seems I can only add products to a "Catalog page".

Expanding "Greeting Cards" gives you various subsections like Birthday Cards, Thank You Cards etc. I don't want to add Gifts as a section in here however, if avoidable, for numerous reasons.

Is this possible? Many thanks.
      Attached Files
      www.adaptdesign.com

www.cardoons.co.uk

Comment

Hi Chris,

The straightforward answer is no, you can't do this. You can only have 1 top level catalog / home page.

You can create the same thing in practical terms by dropping everything down one level, so that you have two main sections. One for cards and one for gifts. You can set up your links and navigation so the true top level section doesn't exist on the website and treat each of your main sections so they act independently.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Ok, makes sense. Having the two main sections under the Catalog page as you've advised would be ideal but I'm dubious of moving the products and re-organising the site tree... it'll either go swimmingly or horribly, horribly wrong. I think I'll just create a "Gifts" page beneath "Greeting Cards", a bit clunky but so long as it doesn't affect SEO it will save me hours of potential frustration.

Many thanks for your help on this Mike.

Chris
          www.adaptdesign.com

www.cardoons.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X