Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EAN/UPC barcodes

Evening guys.
    Can anyone tell me in which table form the database i can find the column i would edit the EAN/UPC barcode info?

There is a column in the product table called 'sBarcode' but when i tried updating it nothing happened.

Thanks

Originally posted by mhs View Post
    Evening guys.
    Can anyone tell me in which table form the database i can find the column i would edit the EAN/UPC barcode info?

There is a column in the product table called 'sBarcode' but when i tried updating it nothing happened.

Thanks
    Brand, EAN, ISBN and UPC are all variables and the values are stored in the table 'User Defined Properties' under the variable ID, which in turn can be found in the 'Variable' table, however it is very difficult to edit the user defines values as they contain a second ID which is the index into the Product table.

Writing some custom code is probably easier then editing those tables directly.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Thanks, i began to think as much!

Comment

Or you could import them using a flat file - so you would just need the product id and the values in a csv file.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan,

I'm assuming 'Barcode' would be the correct mapping? And would that auto update the second ID sugested by malbro?

Comment

Sorry, they are not available in a flat file import, you can import them using a hierarchical file tthough, which can have quite a simple format, this Mole End knowledge base article explains how to do that :

http://moleend.helpserve.com/Knowled...t---v8-onwards

The header name is the name of the variable you are trying to mport.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

The second id was referring to an internal linking field, which is usually the product reference, you include that in the file to tell Actinic which product you want to update.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
              X