Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cart working in Firefox but not Internet Explorer

Hi all,

I'm having difficulty getting our shopping cart to work in Internet Explorer. It works just fine in Firefox, but not in IE (we're running IE9).

The site is www.britishcarmats.co.uk.

Try to view the basket or add any product an you'll see what I mean. Even the content on the page below the actual cart doesnt display in IE, but again shows just fine in Firefox.

I've tried a purge and refresh, tried changing script numbers but to no avail.

Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated
    Bare Essential - Chilli Fundamentals - ShrinkBands - Dynamo Hair - MatteShop - Caravan Accessory World

Quick update - tried altering the settings in IE to accept all cookies but it didnt fix the issue

Also doesnt work in IE8

Tried on several PC's now, results always the same. Works fine in Firefox, but not in IE8 or IE9
    Bare Essential - Chilli Fundamentals - ShrinkBands - Dynamo Hair - MatteShop - Caravan Accessory World

Comment

You site doesn't display the Cart in IE9 when IE9's Compatibility View is off. Turn on Compatibility View and the page appears.

This could be due to some invalid HTML on your pages. Had a quick look and couldn't find anything suspect.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Brilliant, thank you very much.

I couldnt find the offending code either, but for future reference I fixed the issue by adding this META tag to the page headers:

<!-- Mimic Internet Explorer 7 -->
        <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" >

Basically forces IE8 and IE9 to display the pages as if the browser were IE7, bypassing the issue

Comment

O.K. But that's a bit of a band-aid solution. It will be worth checking other popular browsers too (Chrome, Opera, Safari come to mind). And phone / tablet OS's as well.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Seems I've got the same problem.

When I go to the shopping cart or checkout page, the page says ". . requires permission to use cookies on your machine, but this has been denied. . . "

I've enabled all cookies and added the website in IE settings in "Per Site Privacy Actions" but still no joy.

Again, works fine in Chrome and Firefox but not in IE9.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
            Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Comment

UPDATE:
              Just looked at about 10 of the V10 showcase sites. I get the same results with all of these when I try to add an item to the cart.

At least it's not a problem specific to my website!

P.S. Tried your suggestion Norman, to turn on compatibility view but it still says cookies aren't allowed.
              Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Comment

I guess there isn't a single person who can help any further on this issue as this thread has gone silent! Unfortunately, the problem is still alive and kicking! I think the compatibility view setting is also a band aid because it only seems to work sometimes and if a genuine visitor to our site gets that message about cookies being denied, my guess is that we will lose them instantly.

We cannot expect a visitor to detract from their shopping to start changing settings on the browser, even assuming they know how to.

Oddly, this problem only occurs on one of my desktop computers. IE behaves normally, ie, allows cookies, on my other desktop, and my laptop.

If I find the cause I'll post here.

Comment

OK. It appears to be an expiry problem. I realised that my new desktop computer was set a day ahead of time so the cookies were expired as soon as they were sent! On resetting my computer clock and publishing the site again (no need to refresh the entire site), the problem was resolved.

Apparently this can happen if your server clock is out also. This problem may be beyond your control, in which case, in your Sellerdeck software, go to Web > Configure Expiry Periods... and adjust accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                  X