Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marking products hidden in the database

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can possibly give me a pointer to a problem I am completely stuck on.

I am writing a reporting utility for linking Actinic v10 data into the clients bespoke reporting software. I can connect to theActinic database no problem, extract all of hte products and product properties and manipulate them to provide some search based reporting that is required so that is great.

However I have come up against a problem in that there are a number of products in Actinic which are now redundant lines and as such do not display on the website - so I have to filter these out to add into a different report.

This is where I am stuck - I have looked at both the tables and cannot see a flag anywhere that marks the product as not visible/hidden etc..

Can anyone give me a pointer as to how Actinic defines the product as hidden?

Thanks in advance.

If you do a file > export in acitnic to get a csv file and then look for the hide on website flag, you will see it is a 1 or 0 value dependent on the state of that product. I have a distant memory that in the products table, it is a checkbox, best way is to open that up in access and scan the heading across the top. Hope that helps a bit.

Comment

Great thinking - I did the export and examined the fields and compared to the database.

It was the Catalog section table that I was looking for - matched the ParentSecionID and checked for [Catalog section].bHideOnWebsite.

Thanks for the pointer - very much apreciated

Comment

Also if a product has "Hide on Web Site" checked then field bSuppressHtml in Product Table is set "True"

Comment

Working...
        X