Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you create a customer credit note?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you create a customer credit note?

There must be a way to create a credit note rather than a sales invoice, but by inputting the same products?

Does anyone know how this can be done?

There is no way to do this within Sellerdeck that I know of.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

There should also be a way of making a Pro Forma invoice as well

Getting information out of sellerdeck software like accounting sales etc has always been a weak point, I thought they may have learnt when a number of users moved over to Interxxxxx which gave you much more info on how sales were doing etc
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

You could use the additional reports function to add a proforma invoice (you set this up through the reports.ini file and would need a custom report for the proforma), the order would appear as an unpaid order though, no way to disitinguish it but you could put a note in the memo.

You can't do the same for a credit note because you can't create an order with a negative amount.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan

I realise that but feel Sellerdeck has avoided doing anything on the reporting side over the last 8 years and really need a kick up the arxx. others do more and whilst it may not be such a good selling point as some marketing features after all this time it does need to be re-looked at
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

I was only trying to be helpful Chris :-)

Regards,

Comment

a credit note is a fundemental of business and this really is an oversight - as we all have to do this to customers, but them cannot log them on the invoice reports and see the details

It needs to be looked into

I also agree that there should be a pro-forma method, better than there is at present.

My way of doing this was to add a payment method called Pro-forma (business setting, payment types), then I can distinguish it from other methods

Comment

oh and I forgot to add, that I can't get my head around not calling the product Actinic Business plus (which is what it is)

Comment

So is there any more thoughts from anyone at Actinic or others onmaking a credit note using the program?

Comment

+1 on Credit note
                    +1 on Pro-forma
                    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Could the possibility of being able to enter negative figures solve this?

I can place a negative when doing a discount, so why not a quantity, as this would credit a credit in all aspects apart from the title at the top

A workable solution?

Comment

Working...
                      X