Personalise my footer on Invoice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personalise my footer on Invoice

My Invoices used to have a personalised footer informing people about returns policy - this has suddenly disappeared for some reason being replaced with the default footer. I have forgotten how I get into this to change it - can someone please point me in the right direction?
    Many thanks
    Nick
    Nick
    www.skyelight.co.uk

Was your report previously modified? Have you upgraded? Do you run any Mole-End software?

Comment

I had modified the footer on the invoices and haven't upgraded since it seems to have changed and no don't use any Mole-End software. I remember there was a way to change this footer to make it personal to your company but can't for the life of me remember where it was
      Nick
      www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

Can you scan a working invoice and upload to show what it used to look like?

Comment

AFAIK - The remittance text set in the Terms and Conditions is applied to the footer of the invoice, so this might be what you are referring to if you have never had a customized invoice report developed possibly?

Comment

What is actually happening is the footer than normally goes on the bottom of the confirmation email sent to customers telling them about the payment methods is printing on the invoices. The invoices were set up to have a paragraph about returns etc. Is there no way of changing this footer - I have attached an invoice with the part circled that I wish to change as I may not be explaining this properly as the last time I wanted to change this someone came back with a way of doing it.
            You can see from the attached that it is a fully paid invoice but it still has the para about payment methods at the bottom!!!!!
            Attached Files
            Nick
            www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

That certainly looks like it could be the Remittance Terms. See attached on how to change it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks for all that - I'll see if that changes things on the invoice and not on the emails
                Nick
                www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

This isn't working. I need the Remittance Terms to stay the same for the T&Cs so can't change that - is there no way of opening the invoice template in a HTML editor - I am sure that's the way I changed it before
                  Nick
                  www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

No. You need Crystal Reports 8.5 to edit the existing reports.

Mike
                    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks. Life used to be so easy and inexpensive
                      Nick
                      www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

OK. After a bit of thought.

The way I would do this (and I suspect you might have done it before) is

1. Use the 'remittance' section in 'terms and conditions' to add your text to the Invoice.

2. Use another section in 'terms and condition' to keep your remittance terms as desired. Rename that sections header text to 'remittance' if needed.

3. Edit the 'Terms and Conditions' layout to exclude the text in the original 'remittance' section from your web pages.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike - will give this a try - many thanks for all your help Nick
                          Nick
                          www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

I must be completely dumb! I have gone into Design / Text as the Help menu suggests but can't find where to rename the tabs in T&Cs

· If you want to edit the headings, then go to 'Design | Text' and search for the heading you want to change.

Nick
                            Nick
                            www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

Design Text > Web Site > Misc. > (Scroll down to) 'Terms and Conditions Title' (there's one for each section of the terms).

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X