shipping zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shipping zones

How does Actinic Royal Mail's international zones? If I create data for two zones, naming them respectively World Zone 1 and *2, does Actinic do the sorting, or is somebody in Norfolk Island supposed to know he's a second class citizen?

The customer sets his location first and later in the checkout process actinic shows the relevant delivery options.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

You say that Actinic shows the "relevant delivery options". In the case of overseas customers that would be "Surface Mail" or "Air Mail". I'm trying to work out what I do in Business Settings.

Under "Rest of the World" I create a class called "Surface Mail" and another called "Air Mail". Under "Air Mail" I create "World Zone 1" and "World Zone 2".

I assume that Actinic speaks the same language, and knows that Norfolk Island is in World Zone 2, so the customer just gets offered "Surface Mail" and "Air Mail".

Have I got that right?

Comment

Yes. When you create a zone in Sellerdeck you assign the relevant countries to that zone. The customer will then only be shown the relevant options for the zone he's in.

To assign the countries to the zone, right click on the zone and select 'properties'. This is fully explained in the sellerdeck help files. A search there for 'zones' will find it.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks, Mike.

That does seem straightforward, compared with Royal Mail's rules. They've just explained to me that if I use the surface mail letter rate to send a pullover to my Auntie (their choice of example, not mine) with a letter enclosed, it would be returned to me as under-stamped if the letter was deemed by their X-ray machine to be too terse. The same would happen if I sent her a magazine with a long letter, but was thoughtless enough to tuck the letter inside the magazine.

Comment

Working...
          X