Memory Error when uploading site / downloading orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory Error when uploading site / downloading orders

I keep receiving the following error when uploading the site and downloading orders.

There was a problem with the database

Operation: Executing the query 'DELETE FROM [OutstandingStockChanges] WHERE ([nChange] = 0 AND [nStatus] = 1)'

Database name: C:\Users\Lucy Cadman\Documents\Actinic v10\Sites\Site1\ActinicCatalog

System resource exceeded.

Action: Contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic Support as appropriate

I also get the error message "Out of memory" when trying to add / amend any products.

My PC is pretty powerful and all my other programmes are running perfectly so I assume it is a problem within Actinic itself.

Any suggestions to solve this would be gratefully received!
    www.rumbalucia.co.uk

1. Compact the database.
    2. Make sure you're using V10.4. V10.3 onwards has better memory usage.
    3. How much memory do you have? These days you should aim to be using at least 4GB with Sellerdeck.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike.

Compacting the database allowed me to open the programme back up long enough to download the orders and upload the site successfully. However, as soon as I started making amendments to products again, it started throwing up the same "out of memory" messages, and finally completely crashed.

I have 4gb RAM on here - I'm guessing I may need to double that! lol I have ordered another 4GB, so hopefully that will help.

I am running v. 10.0.4 LDZA - I don't think I can upgrade any further than that whilst still running v10, can I?
      www.rumbalucia.co.uk

Comment

V10.4 should be fine.

More memory might help, especially if you have windows 7. It's cheap enough these days and I have seen reports of memory problems going away with 6gb of ram installed.

another thing I've seen reported on the forum is that using underscores in the product reference can cause this. it's worth checking this isn't the problem here.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X