Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving an order from one copy of sellerdeck to another- is it possible

Hi

Since opening a shop we use SellerDeck V10 on a Laptop, which also has the EPOS software on it. However the old copy of Sellerdeck is still on my Desktop in the study at home. My wife noticed we had an order notification email and downloaded the order into old copy on the Desktop PC.

Is there a way to extract the order from the old machine and insert it into the SellerDeck copy on the live machine?

Thanks

D

There isn't as far as I know.

But what you can do is this (extreme caution urged):

• Create a MOTO order for the correct items and shipping and payment method on the New Order tab on the live machine you want the order to be copied to (not from)
    • Close Sellerdeck
    • Copy the .mdb database to somewhere safe - this is your backup.
    • Open the original .mdb database in your Sites folder in Access.
    • Go to the Orders section (you may need to "enable editing" or similar)
    • Change the order number, date/time downloaded etc to that of the order on the other machine
    • Save
    • Close
    • Open up Sellerdeck. The order should be there as if it were the one downloaded on the other machine.
    • Delete the order on the other machine
    • If anything has gone pearshaped you still have the copy of the .mdb saved somewhere which you can rename and copy into the Sites folder (only if Sellerdeck is closed first of course).

Edit:

As you also use EPOS, you may have to change that too but I would not know how to achieve that.
    Last edited by guccij; 28-May-2013, 03:12 PM. Reason: correcting name to Sellerdeck
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
    X