Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you mass update photo file paths

Hello

i have changed computers and the location of my photos has now changed and rather than changing them all manually i was wondering there was a way to do them all together? For example, the file path has changed from

C:\Users\Sarah\Pictures\Resized sets\violetshamballabracelet&earringssetwhite.jpg

instead the location is:
    C:\Users\sarahneale\Pictures\Resized sets\violetshamballabracelet&earringssetwhite.jpg

as you can see it is simply the 'sarahneale' part of the filepath i need to change and it seems a shame to do this by hand since i have alot of products on the website

I would appreciate any help
    http://www.thecrystalcove.co.uk

You can export the catalog, update the file paths in Excel using search and replace and then import back in again.

I suggest you create a sub folder within the site folder for your images instead. You wouldn't have needed to change paths in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Rounding View Post
      You can export the catalog, update the file paths in Excel using search and replace and then import back in again.

I suggest you create a sub folder within the site folder for your images instead. You wouldn't have needed to change paths in that case.
      thanks so much for your reply.
      I have created a subfolder within my site folder, im still not sure how my pictures will show up as i have not changed file paths
      http://www.thecrystalcove.co.uk

Comment

This is what you have to do:

Originally posted by Duncan Rounding View Post
        Reading the in-built help might be useful too.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
        X