Some assumptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some assumptions

I notice from exported files that the GUI translates the "carriage return" key as " /n ". If that tag is used in a spreadsheet and imported into Actinic, I assume it will be correctly interpreted.

The other assumption concerns links. My extended info pages contain links to Pdf files, and the link facility obviously has built into it the path to Additional Files. I assume that other pages - brochure pages, for example, and catalogue entries, don't work in the same way, and that a simple " !!<<a href="3-009.pdf">see sample score</a>>!! " will fail.

Am I right in both of these assumptions?

/n is how showing a new line as in a return. It will import and display /n as text. You might have return characters in your content. This occurs mainly copying and pasting from WORD or a web page

Comment

Thanks, that helps. I'm in the awkward position of having to attempt a major overhaul of my site in exile on a computer that doesn't have Actinic installed, so I can't try anything out.

One of the awkward thngs I've discovered is that .csv exports are a long way from yielding a file that can be modified and re-imported. Prices, for example, seem to be missing from exports, which doesn't strike me as a good idea. Again, my latest export is lacking a great many (but not all) of the links I had written in. That strikes me as beyond mysterious.

At least now I know to zap the /n.

Comment

Note that it's "\n" not "/n" that is used for newlines.

This also leads to problems as SD stupidly uses the backslash "\" as a directory separator in file-names. Say you have a rather nice image "norman.jpg" in a sub-folder of your Site folder called Images. This appears as "Images\norman.jpg" which can erroneously break the file name into Images<newline>orman.jpg and orman definitely isn't as nice looking as me. A real pain if you use the built-in PHP to tinker with images. Code will / won't work depending on the leading character of the file-name if it's within a sub-folder.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I'm in the awkward position of having to attempt a major overhaul of my site in exile on a computer that doesn't have Actinic installed, so I can't try anything out.
          You can download the trial version and run it for 30 days without needing a licence. This should make your job a bit easier. (or I believe, run it using the same licence code as the live installation and everything will be fine as long as you don't try to upload/refresh the site).

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X