Product reference problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product reference problem?

I'm trying to sort out an incorrectly entered product reference, but I'm receiving the "The product reference you entered was not unique" warning, although the reference is unique.

I've exported my data & had a look through it & see that the product reference has been used for a section level fragment which is in the form of an image link, but listed as a product in the export?

A closer look shows that I have about 200 of these "products" which are fragments & sections / sub sections, but listed as products in the export, all taking up product references (which as of yet I haven't attempted to utilise as product references). The DB is also compacted on a regular basis.

Is this normal & how would I go about getting the correct product reference tied up to the actual product?

Thanks.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Yes, this happens. It's been discussed in the forum and it's even covered in the knowledge base here: http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=52555

To clear existing ones I went into the database and edited the product reference of the fragments to something unlikely to exist as a real product.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

OK, thanks for the reply (I did try searching, but I guess that I should learn to look at more than the first few results.......).

So, just to double-check - it's safe for me to rename all the fragment / section product references & import the data back into Actinic without any other alterations?

Comment

1. Always make a backup before you start doing something you haven't done before. Just in case.

I've never done this by importing and haven't imported anything in quite a while. But, as long as your new fragment references are unique I don't see how it can do any damage.

Obviously you have to make sure you're replacing the problematic fragments and not just creating new ones.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

OK, that sounds good - I'll prefix the new references with something that won't be utilised in genuine references.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X