Google Data Feed Disapproved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Data Feed Disapproved

Hi folks, we have been using the google data feed via the merchant center for a while and since the introduction of Adwords we have had to update the individual product information. In the last couple of days around 90% of our products have been newly disapproved by Google (All previously accepted.) This is the same answer I get from Google again & again as to why:
    "I reviewed your data feeds and see that you have not submitted the values for UPCs correctly in the data feed. Please know that you need to submit two of the three required attribute values in the feed. If you do not have the required values for the attributes GTIN, MPN and Brand, you can submit the attribute 'identifier exists' in the feed with the value of FALSE. In this case, your products would be exempted from submitting unique products identifiers. Also, please know that if you are submitting 'identifier exists' attribute, you need not to submit any other unique product identifier in the data feed."

Of course these are the options I have in Actinic and an example product:
    - Google Data Feed Brand: Numark
    - Google Data Feed EAN: 00676762189118
    - Google Data Feed ISBN: Blank
    - Google Data Feed UPC: STEREO|IO
    - Product Price Description: Use Parent (=Price)
    - Prompt: in stock

Firstly I guess the attributes Google are after relate to Actinic like this
    GTIN = Google Data Feed EAN
    MPN = Google Data Feed UPC
    Brand = Google Data Feed Brand

The above example is information taken directly from the products google shopping page: https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/pr...&ved=0CKABEOok
    If everything above is correctly done I cannot see why my data feed is being rejected?
    Any help would be much appreciated,

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Those values do look correct, have you linked your feed to an adwords campaign?

Regards.
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Also from reading the error, have you included the identifier exists variable set to true? That should be the default value but you never know, it might be the cause.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

you have not submitted the values for UPCs correctly in the data feed
        - Google Data Feed UPC: STEREO|IO
        UPC is the alternative barcode format to EAN. 'STEREO|IO' is not a valid UPC code.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

That is what I thought mike, but the link provided in the original email shows the google shopping entry for that product with the values specified.

Comment

Hi Jan,

I can see that would be confusing. I've just looked now and there's no UPC shown on the page that's linked to in the opening post.

I'd assume the original seller probably had a feed accepted with UPC errors, but it looks as if it's been corrected now.

it seems pretty clear to me that problem the original poster has is that he's been submitting invalid data for the UPC. Which is what Google old him.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike,

I presumed that Part Number was the UPC. That product isn't referenced anywhere else that I could see with that part number though and so you are probably right.

Cheers,

Comment

Hi, sorry for the delay but thank you for the responses.
                @Jan & Mike I think you are right I will change the values for the UPC
                Thank you again for everyone's help and comments, I will report back with the results.

Comment

Here's the update folks - I deleted any entries made for the UPC and left the brand and EAN numbers, Google have now accepted the items I have made this change to. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  X