Second actinic website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second actinic website

Ok - we have successfully uploaded one of our actinic websites onto our new web host last month and now we want to move a second actinic website across.
    When using the wizard it searched the root directory and can see the acatalog and cgi-bin for the first website.
    I think that we do not want to load into these directories as it is a different website - so should we be renaming the CGI-BIN?
    Please help as I am currently unable to upload to the website on our current host as I got a disk spare and permission error this morning and they were unable to assist me. my PC has plenty of space on it - is this an actinic problem?

Hi Deborah,

you will not need to rename the CGI-bin, the CGI-bin cannot be changed, only the acatalog can have a different name.

what you will need is 2 folders,such as X and Y ... within each one is a a 'acatalog' such as Site X & Site Y with permissions of 777. These will be where all your site content is uploaded to.

then you have the option of each site has its own Cgi-bin within X or Y folder. or they share a Cgi-bin which is on the main page. In order to share a cgi-bin you will need to change the CGI script ID number in Web> network setup.

Hope This helps
    Sam Bromley
    Technical Support Analyst

sigpic

Comment

error mesages that show up

Hi - thanks for the reply, we have tried to create a new folder and upload to that but we get these error messages.
      The wizard is unable to read a test file that it palced in the CGI-BIN directory. Try again or contact your system administrator or ISP to have them resolve the problem. The specific error was:
      200 type set to A
      226 Transfer complete
      and straight after that this one comes up:
      "your FTP account does not have permission to write to the web root directory. please contact your system administrator or ISP to have the directory oermissions corrected.
      226 Transfer complete
      200 Type set to A"

What do we do to get past these error messages?

Comment

Check that the new acatalog folder and Cgi-bin have the correct permissions.

acatalog - 777
        cgi-bin - 755

i would recommend a program like filezilla so you can change this.

Hope this helps.
        Sam Bromley

sigpic

Comment

Hi - they do have the correct permissions as we went in and changed them.
          Where do we find the website files to upload via FileZilla?

Thank you

Comment

Hi,

The files that get uploaded will go into the acatalog, or equivalent.
            Sam Bromley

sigpic

Comment

Okay - but do you know how we can get past these errors in Actinic. We were able to upload our first website fine and these errors never appeared. We really need to get this second website up and running ASAP.

thank you.

Comment

Where do we find the website files to upload via FileZilla
                You don't use FileZilla to upload anything (uploading is SD's job). It was only mentioned as a tool to use to change file / directory permissions.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

What do these error messages mean?? We really need to get this sorted out and these error messages come up every single time we try to upload.
                  The wizard is unable to read a test file that it placed in the CGI-BIN directory. Try again or contact your system administrator or ISP to have them resolve the problem. The specific error was:
                  200 type set to A
                  226 Transfer complete
                  and straight after that this one comes up:
                  "your FTP account does not have permission to write to the web root directory. please contact your system administrator or ISP to have the directory oermissions corrected.
                  226 Transfer complete
                  200 Type set to A"

Please help!
                  Thank you

Comment

Has your Internet Explorer recently upgraded to V11?
                    If yes, then this could be the cause:
                    http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...9UIKP5,74E7G,1
                    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

internet explorer 11

yes my computer had upgraded - i have now uninstalled it and all OK
                      many thanks

Another quick question - I rec emails yesterday to say there were orders and when i went to down load the 5 orders it said some had not paid - but then no orders downloaded - to get the email it usually means at least one has paid - where could these orders be?

Also totally unrelated when i upload website i used to get an option box asking if i want the index as my home page but i no longer get this message 0 how do i re-instate this?

many thanks

Comment

I rec emails yesterday to say there were orders and when i went to down load the 5 orders it said some had not paid - but then no orders downloaded - to get the email it usually means at least one has paid
                        No. It doesn't. It just means that there's an order file on the system to download.

You will though, only get a copy of the customer order email if that order has been paid.

Mike
                        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Far East Direct View Post
                          Another quick question - I rec emails yesterday to say there were orders and when i went to down load the 5 orders it said some had not paid - but then no orders downloaded - to get the email it usually means at least one has paid - where could these orders be?
                          Have you checked they are not in the "Pending Payment Service Provider" tab rather than the usual pending tab?

Originally posted by Far East Direct View Post
                          Also totally unrelated when i upload website i used to get an option box asking if i want the index as my home page but i no longer get this message 0 how do i re-instate this?
                          many thanks
                          All the usual dialog boxes that give you the option to "Do not show this again" can be set/unset in the Housekeeping|Warning management menu option.
                          Also, check the home page has the "Use as website home page" checkbox ticked in the page details panel.
                          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Hello,

If you are missing orders or payment files, access the server using a program such as filezilla, these files are within the acatalog and end with .ord (order) or .occ ( payment file) if a order is downloaded and doesn't have any payment options there is a chance that the .occ file hasn't been downloaded.

if you check the server and find these then rename them to .occx or .ordx.... then try to download orders. then go back into the acatalog and remove the 'x' then try to download orders again.. the orders should now have payment details with them.

hope this helps.
                            Sam Bromley

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X