Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount Coupons Broken

Hi

Ages ago we noticed that on certain browsers customers entering a discount code on our view cart page were finding that the discount code disappeared when they clicked through to the checkout page.

We were led to believe that this was a known bug in chrome, however it is now becoming more and more of a problem and affecting other browsers.

Bizarrely I have here 2 machines running the same version of chrome and on one machine it works and on another it does not?

Does anyone have any clues what could be causing this? Sellerdeck are unwilling to help us :c
    Steve Indigo

Indigo Herbs of Glastonbury

Indigo Herbs Blog

Usually, this kind of thing is because the customer is visiting the site without using www. and the cart/checkout is using www.

These are different site domains and cookies on 1 aren't visible on the other.

It may not be what's happening here but this is the first thing I'd look at.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi,

We had a similar problem.

SellerDeck told us that it was becuase we were using SSL for our checkout pages and this stopped the coupon code transfering over, something to do with cookies and treating it like a diiferent site because of the SSL.

The only way round it was to either remove SSL from our checkout pages or swich to coupons only in the checkout, we switched to only allowing coupons in the checkout.

It still bugs me but that is SellerDeck.

Peter
      Printerbase - Colour & Mono Laser Printers

Comment

Working...
      X