SEO Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEO Issues

We've noticed a severe drop-off in sales this year and, so far, this is shaping up to be our worst Christmas of all time. We still have our legions of loyal regulars but we don't seem to be attracting new customers like we used to.

Our website is www.cards4magic.co.uk and, whilst I would appreciate any criticism/feedback, my main concern is that we're not coming up on search results from generic, non-specific search terms like 'magic supplies uk' - even smaller companies whom we wholesale to and non-UK companies are beating us in this respect!

I know there's a lot of features on v10 that I've yet to discover and implement but it seems I must be missing out on a few basic ingredients somewhere down the line.

Another issue is that we don't have any isolated windows for our products - the furthest into a product you can go is the section page that it's in - this is a bit problematic when we do turn up in a specific search as the link then takes you to the section rather than to the exact product. This is fine if the product searched for is at the top of the page but less so if it's way down the bottom.

My boss thinks that it might just be a case of adding search terms into Actinic. We have no meta tags but, as I understand it, these aren't really relevant anymore.

I'm not expecting a solution that fixes everything but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

*apologies for the rambling essay!

There's so much work to do on the current site that I really think it's time you considered getting a professional site design.

Pretty much everything has to go back to basics. Things like the site structure, page names, meta tags, design, content, usability and SEO optimisation all need changing.

I'm sure there's a lot of potential there but come on. Every page even has exactly the same meta title. You need someone who knows what they're doing to sort this out for you.

Mike

At the very least, take a look at peblaco's templates. For £99 you'll fix most of the problems and with a bit of work to put each product on it's own page and fill in the meta tags you'll be up and running. Just remember to fix the page names while you're at it.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X