Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does code layout affect SEO

Hi

I notice that if I look at my site with right button "view source" the code is all packed in large blocks. I took a look at another company whoI know uses Sellerdeck and their code seems to be laid out in neat separated blocks of information.

I was wondering if this makes any difference to Google.

Over the last 6 months traffic has dropped off until its almost nonexistant. Subsequently there is a corrisponding drop in orders. Our shop is growing its customer base, yet the internet is falling, so I need to do something to get back up.

Naturally I am looking again at the keywords, page titles etc, occasionally I find a section that seems to have lost all of this data, which is odd, but its not widespread, just the odd one here and there.

any suggestions appreciated.

D

Your site is using the Compact HTML / CGI option. This removes all unnecessary newlines, spaces, comments, etc. This give you the smallest page size which leads to quicker download times for your customers and is a good thing. E.g. your home page is only 19Kb in size and will download very quickly. Search engines will reward you for small page sizes. And they don't care how your HTML looks in a View Source way.

What's letting you down somewhat is that some of the images on your home page (e.g. the-baby-studio-shop-275.jpg at 80Kb) are MUCH larger than they need to be. Optimising these for web pages will reduce them in size dramatically. and make your site even quicker.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I am gld the code is OK, I did think that machines don't usually worry about code that is not laid out for humans.

I really appreciate you taking a look and thanks for your advice on image size.

D

Comment

Working...
      X