Actinic Link v2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Link v2012

I wish the new Link was out sooner, I check on here every day to see if there is any news on this.
    I have my new copy of Sage 2012 & my new vesrsion of Actinic v11 but can't use them until Actinic Link is released. I suspect this also applies to many other customers using Link. It's quite frustrating, why can't they just release both at the same time?

You're wrongly assuming that they have the same control over Sage that they do with their own software. Using your ideas, what would happen if a Sage release came out in the middle of V11 and V12 releases. Lining them up with software releases is just bad planning, a new release has enough to focus on.

Totally understand where you are coming from, just sit tight, if they release it 3 weeks later than you want but with no problems, ultimately you will be happier than 3 weeks earlier with problems.

Comment

I agree - frustrating as we have upgraded Sage to 2012 for other reasons and now have to manually upload the S/O's to sage

Come on Actinic - burn some midnight oil !!!

Comment

Originally posted by guyston View Post
        I agree - frustrating as we have upgraded Sage to 2012 for other reasons and now have to manually upload the S/O's to sage

Come on Actinic - burn some midnight oil !!!
        So you upgraded to fix a problem knowing you would break an existing solution that worked?

I don't see how this is Actinics fault to me this is sage as they had the problem which required you to upgrade Actinic have already stated they are working on it and it will be out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
          So you upgraded to fix a problem knowing you would break an existing solution that worked?

I don't see how this is Actinics fault to me this is sage as they had the problem which required you to upgrade Actinic have already stated they are working on it and it will be out soon.
          i disagree, Actinic MUST know well in advance what sage plans are , Sage told me earlier in the year when Sage 2012 was projected to release. Actinic should have had this development done on the Link so it could be released with V11

Comment

Originally posted by guyston View Post
            i disagree, Actinic MUST know well in advance what sage plans are , Sage told me earlier in the year when Sage 2012 was projected to release. Actinic should have had this development done on the Link so it could be released with V11
            Sure we could, but it would have delayed v11 by a few weeks. As we have a new release everything needs testing against that new release. Alternatively we could rush it, not test it against the multitude of configurations and screw up your accounts. Sage changes every year, so it needs a lot of attention.

Also I am sorry to say we do not have a Lord of the Rings-esque Palantír that reveals all of Sages innermost thoughts.
            Benjamin Dyer
            CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Working...
            X