Online Order History Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Order History Details

If you have a busy site and archive your orders off say every 6 months or so, does this affect the order details held online?

How does the order details for online get compiled and maintained, anyone know?

Would archiving off mean the online file got purged of that info?

Is the info just appended to, so endless?

Or is there a timescale on the length of time data is held so that file size does not get silly?

If by archiving you mean removing them from the Actinic database into something else, it would be the same as deleting the orders; they would be removed from the web site on the next Publish to Web, Refresh or Customer Account sync.

I'm not sure what would happen if there was a Stock / Order Status sync in the meantime, I don't know if we tested for that. You might get an error on the desktop. I think it would be safest to perform an upload immediately after archiving.

You can in any case set a limit for the length of time orders remain on the web site, in Business Settings | Online Order Tracking. This setting only applies to Completed orders. Pending orders will remain on the site until they are Completed, to allow for pre-ordering and back-ordering where an order might be open for many weeks.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
    X