Section Generate Product Page Option - Clarification please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section Generate Product Page Option - Clarification please

In the section details, there is a new tab called Product Page and in their I can tick a box called "Generate a separate page for each product" can anyone clarify what this option is for.

I expected that when this was ticked a separate product page would be generated for each product but that doesn't seem to happen, I seem to have to have both that and the 'Generate product page' checkbox on the product page tab ticked.

It looks as if the only purpose is to change the default value for the product page checkbox - so if the box is checked on the section page and you make a new product, the box will be ticked on the product page. If the section page option is not ticked and you make a new product, it's product page option will not be ticked.

I'm asking because I need to know whether I can disregard this option when generating a google sitemap.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

That's correct, the box in Business Settings sets the default option for newly created products in the site, which can be overridden at Section level by the same setting in the Section Details.

It is not a full 'Use Parent' function like the UDPs have, because it's not just a passive on / off setting. There is certain processing that takes place when a Product Page is first enabled for a product.

So for the purposes of a feed, I think you can just follow the setting for each individual product.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thanks Bruce.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
      X