Upgrading to V11 : Retaining order history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading to V11 : Retaining order history

We've been running our site on V6 for a long time but have been trialling V11 and are due to go live in the next day or two. We have Actinic split across two PCs. One is for design only and the second for order processing.

We will install V11 on the 'order processing' PC and import a site snapshot from the design PC. Is it possible to retain (import?) our order history from our current V6 into the new V11?

I've tried to search but fear I'm not using the correct terminology on which to search hence why I'm here. Any advice will be gratefully received, thank you.

Hi there

You have 2 options here, you can import the v6 snapshot with all its orders into v11, making sure to select "All Orders" in the wizard.
    However, if the design part of the site is already upgraded to v11 and only the orders need importing, then you can do that using File | Import Orders and selecting the database(Actinic Catalog.mdb) from the v6 site folder.
    Please note both these options will over-write orders in the destination database.
    As always, it is recommended to have the target site backed-up before performing any upgrades.
    Hope this helps.

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Thank you for your help

Comment

Working...
      X