Merging Quantities of same product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merging Quantities of same product

We sell blanket material by the cm off the roll and we have a stock code of, say, 0123 for a 60cm wide material. The customer then fills in the quantity box for the length required.

So, for example, if a customer wanted a blanket 60cm wide by 60cm long they would purchase 60 of item code 0123.

However, our customers need multiple blankets of the same size (i.e. three 60 x 60 blankets) but when they attempt to order three separate items Actinic merges the quantities so we end up with an order for one blanket 60 x 180cm long.

Would anyone know of a way to get Actinic (v11 Business) to keep the three order lines separate?

Many thanks.

Richard,
    One way could be to combine this onto one product layout and use some javascript to deal with the variants.
    In brief, the customer would enter the length they wanted in one input box and the quantity in the other (note: these fields are not actinic fields, but custom ones in the layout). Once the add to cart was clicked some javascript would then allocate the relevant required quantity to the (hidden) quantity Actinic field and also then add the "Size and Quanity" data entered into the "Other Info" prompt. That way this info comes through with the order.

In your example above this would still result in 180 items of 0123 added to cart, however the "Other Info" prompt field would have "3 x 60cm ordered" or something which would be carried through with the order process.

Just one of a few ways to do this.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Agree with Sharkey, quite a few ways to do this, first question is whether you want a free solution or a paid for one. A paid solution will be so much slicker.

Comment

Many thanks Fergus, This is a bit above my knowledge level I'm sorry to say.

Lee, a free solution is always the best bet, but we could look at a paid option - I'll have a chat with an Actinic designer we know. BTW who's Sharkey?

Comment

Sharkey is Fergus, Norman's box of tricks always have things to offer on these sort of conundrums, take a look on his site IMO.

Comment

Even though I'm on a strike-torn Greek island I heard may name being mentioned.

I have an off the shelf add-on Sell by Length or Area that allows the customer to enter X / Y measurements and calculates a price.

Either

1) Based on either the exact area ordered (no accounting for wastage). Product priced per square metre.

or

2) Length of material needed (i.e something cut from a roll where wastage is paid for). Product priced per linear metre.

If you have prices that are not linearly related to the size, I have additional code that can take an excel spreadsheet of e.g. width / drop prices and takes the price from the table size needed to fit the customers requirements. E.g. selling blinds where you have fixed sizes and cut them down to match the customers requirements. This bit isn't off the shelf and may require considerable tweaking to suit each user.

Travelling continually and won't be back in the UK (and properly online) until next Monday.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X