Serious problem with single product pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious problem with single product pages

It appears that for products no matter what the layout->product layout setting is set to single product pages only display with layout "Standard Layout Using CSS" which is a massive limitation.

Is this a bug?

Are you saying the layout selector for the product page doesn't work? - it does for me - I can change and apply any page layout.

Comment

Originally posted by bwebsites View Post
      It appears that for products no matter what the layout->product layout setting is set to single product pages only display with layout "Standard Layout Using CSS" which is a massive limitation.

Is this a bug?
      You can change the layout from the settings for the product page, I have just done a custom layout specifically for single product pages and it works fine.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
      SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
      Custom Packages

Comment

This is the problem. Changing the Product Layout on the Product, it's parent section, or even the whole catalog has no effect. I'd imported a v10 snapshot and thought it was messing things up, so I created a brand new site with only the default content, and the same thing is happening.

Comment

Are you changing it in this place...
          Attached Files

Comment

Aha! No I wasn't. I was trying it in the obvious place in the Layout panel for a Product. I had spotted that setting before, don't know why I forgot about it. Nice of Actinic to keep us developers on our toes!

Thanks for your help.

Comment

This was a slightly difficult decision from a usability pov. I elected to leave the original selector doing what it was before, ie setting the product layout in the section page, and create a new one for the product layout in the product page. Sorry if it caused any confusion.
              Bruce Townsend
              Ecommerce Product Manager
              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

This is the danger of heavy theme customisation. My Product List Layout I had created was doing its own thing and not using the Product Layout setting at all.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X