Invisible extended info text links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invisible extended info text links

All the text links to my extended info pages have vanished. I can enable the option to click on the product picture and that works fine. But if I enable the text link it resolutely refuses to appear.
    I have seen the knowledge base article about extended info links and V11 but this isn't quite my problem.
    Looking into the block if statements and the variables hasn't yet shed any light on this.
    This is happening both on-line and in the Actinic preview window.
    It doesn't seem to be a css/html problem as I can't seem to find the link in the HTML if I "view source" in the browser.

Forgot to mention, the site in question is kitchenwareonline.com. and as an example the products in this page http://www.kitchenwareonline.com/aca...ave-ovens.html
    should have text links to extended info pages...but
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Vanished text links.

In case you don't have the answer yet, you need to make sure the the "ExtendedInfolink" layout is in the code.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

I noticed on an upgrade to V11 in the product layout it had not replaced: <actinic:variable name="ExtendedInformationLinks" /> with: <actinic:variable name="ProductLinks" />
      Peblaco

Comment

Hi Fergus, Hi Louise.
        Thanks for the replies.
        I think you have just got me to the point where I can see the problem.
        This is what is inside my extended info links layout (I'm on V11 if it makes any difference and I think this may be the root of the problem)
        Code:
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPopUpPageGenerated%22%20%2f%3e" >
           <actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoPageDesign" />
        </actinic:block>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ExtendedInformationType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Opens%20in%20a%20Pop%2dUp%20Window%22" >
        	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPopUpDisplayedByTextLink%22%20%2f%3e" >
              <br />
              <a href="<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoPageEncoded" />" target="ActPopup" onclick="return ShowPopUp('<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoPageEncoded" />',<actinic:variable name="ExtInfoWindowWidth" />,<actinic:variable name="ExtInfoWindowHeight" />);">
                 <span ><actinic:variable formatting="font(Size|12),underline,bold" encoding="strip" name="ExtendedInfoLinkText" /></span> 
              </a></br>
           <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPopUpPageDisplayedByButton%22%20%2f%3e" >    
              <actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoButton" />
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ExtendedInformationType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Opens%20in%20the%20Same%20Window%22" >

<br />
              <a href="<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoPageEncoded" />" target="ActPopup" onclick="return ShowPopUp('<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoPageEncoded" />',<actinic:variable name="ExtInfoWindowWidth" />,<actinic:variable name="ExtInfoWindowHeight" />);">
                 <span ><actinic:variable formatting="font(Size|12),underline,bold" encoding="strip" name="ExtendedInfoLinkText" /></span> 
              </a></br>
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPopUpDisplayedByTextLink%22%20%2f%3e" >
           <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPopUpPageDisplayedByButton%22%20%2f%3e" >
              <br />
              <actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoButton" value="Button Image Opens In Same Window" />
        From what you have just said I think there's some code missing here.
        I'll delve into this and see if I can sort it out from here.
        I think I couldn't see the wood for the trees.
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

Comment

Many thanks

Hi Louise.
          You're a star, that was the problem. Thanks for taking the time to help out with that one. Much appreciated. Added <actinic:variable name="ProductLinks" /> to the layout & bingo. Links visible again.
          I was looking in the wrong place as well..I blame that on a bad cold....think the brain has gone on strike (that's my excuse anyway)
          Steve Griggs.

Comment

Hi,

I'm was having same problem - thanks all sorted.

How do I replace the 'More...' text link to an extended page without enabling the new 'generate separate page for this product' feature?

Sorry forgot to add: replace 'text link' to an 'see large image' image link.
            Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
            Snuggle Feet
            Baby Casting From My Perfect Impression

Comment

Working...
            X