Importing V7 orders into V11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing V7 orders into V11

After starting the process importing orders from v7 into v11 the process failed and now I keep getting the following errors as per the attached screenshot (to save me a little typing) and explanation as they should be self explanatory.
    Can anyone say why this may have happened and/or offer any resolution?
    Attached Files

I would install v8 and try importing into that first and then on to v11.

Comment

Thanks Duncan, but I don't have v8??

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Rounding View Post
        I would install v8 and try importing into that first and then on to v11.
        Duncan, would v9 be any good before v11.... is that the same difference (ish)? Or is v8 the critical version??

Comment

Personally i'd go to 8 first but you can give 9 a go. It doesn't take long to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Rounding View Post
            Personally i'd go to 8 first but you can give 9 a go. It doesn't take long to try it out.
            As I say I do not have v8, hence the question about (try v9 as I do have this version) and whether this is the equivalent. I take it from your reply that you have not tried this?
            Either way, as you suggest I could try but due to the size of my site, it actually takes hours each time I upgrade and then fix the balance of the upgrade issues that Actinic does not successfully resolve, hence the reason I was trying to ask specifically about the whether your advise of v8 as apposed to v9 was factually distinctive?

Comment

You don't need to upgrade the site to import the orders. You can import orders separately.

V8 is available as a download from the download archive pages on the Actinic website - sorry I don't have the link to hand.

Comment

Found the link
                http://www.actinic.co.uk/download-archive.html
                You can use it in demo mode.

Comment

Thanks for the link. Just one thing, due to the errors you see attached above I cannot now import the orders in v11 after after importing them in v8 and then into v11 because v11 Actinic keeps crashing due to the first import attempt. Do you know if I can simply replace the damaged tables from a default / new/ original site?
                  If so do you know where I could get a copy of this/these tables?

Comment

The easiest way would be to restore v11 from an earlier snapshot or reinstall it.

Comment

I tried this as a long shot and to save hours of work uninstalling, reinstalling and import snapshot and fixing errors etc etc etc.

I found a copy of the original ActinicCatalog.mdb in a folder here C:\Program Files\Actinic v11\Original then copied and pasted the two tables called "Order" & "OrderHistory" into the damaged version v11 ActinicCatalog.mdb i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Actinic v11\Sites\Site1 and this appears to have fixed the issue.

At least I can open and re-import the v8 (washed) v7 orders into v11 without Actinic crashing or showing the attached warning messages (at start of thread). I will post back if that all works now that I have it stable again. Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

I have found what is issue is !

I Switched the new v11 sync off and then tried importing the same v7 orders again (without the need of washing the orders through v8 first) and the process worked without failure.

I have been told that the sync locks up table/s during the sync process and these table/s maybe getting caught up during the import so the import cannot update a table that been locked by the sync. I think. Maybe Actinic can comment ?

To confirm (Synchronisation>Automatic Synchronisation for both up & down (as I was not sure in detail which of process is actually causing the issue))

Comment

Working...
                        X