PSP Setup File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP Setup File

Trying to upload a v11 site, its says payment gateways are corrupt and need reinstalling from the CD. Like most of us i suspect i do not have a CD and thus cannot access the PSPsetup.exe as suggested. It is not on your site for download either and reinstalling v11 over the top of the existing installation seems to just stop midway through with no message after the DW integration is complete.

Only solution i can see to solve this is snapshot every v11 site, uninstall, install again and hope that works. Could end up a lengthy process with no success.

Is it possible to make messages like this more in line with how your users get the software ie download, as it is version specific also, directing someone to their CD if they have one, could in fact be bad advice anyway if they have upgraded to a newer version in between?

Best call Support and ask for a copy. I have a copy from April 2010 but it must have changed since then.

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out, I will make a note that we need to update that message. In the meantime I will add the v11 PSPSetup.exe to the download centre in the support area of our website.
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

2 hours in, nothing fixed no matter what i try, one of those incredibly annoying periods where hours are just spent trying to do the simplest of things.

I have the PSPsetup.exe file (thanks K), when i click on it, it egg timers for a couple of seconds and then does nothing. Also getting the same old W7 complaints with V11 when closing and trying to compact database.

Decide to install on an XP machine and try that, as it does on W7, it asks if you want sage link, then DW interface is next, after you close that window, it stops installing. Previous versions used to continue at that stage, usually with an SSL question and PSP installation questions IIRC. V11 not doing this for me, has this installation method been changed or am I experiencing problems/bugs?

Anyway install on XP, import snapshot, same problem asking me to run PSPsetup.exe when i try an upload, i click on it and it does nothing as per the W7 machine.

I just want to upload a site to show a client, why oh why does it have to be so complicated and use so much of my time up.

Comment

Sheesh it gets worse, i try and get the file from your website in case i've been given the wrong one, i click on V11 PSP link, i get asked for my email address, then i go to some completely random form asking irrelevant questions, reluctantly fill that out and then presented with a page with just v7-v10 links, despite having clicked on v11.

Can someone from actinic, take a look at this process from a users point of view, first of all its imperative that you get the file after filling out this information. Why do you want my phone number, first and last names, email address and the methods by which i intend to employ on my site build if all i want is a pspsetup file? Surely this whole process can be done in 3 simple clicks? Download Centre > V11 > File Choices.

It's incredibly frustrating when i have to literally waste hours trying to do fundamental things.

Comment

Some progress at last, PSPsetup.exe will not run as standard, Kaspersky blocks it. Neither Kaspersky or Actinic tell you this, window just closes and you are left guessing, much in the same way that Actinic just closes the upload window if it has an FTP problem like password incorrect and tells you nothing. We need some better communication please!

Although Actinic tells you about the PSPsetup problem, it continues to upload the site in the background, despite having warned you there is a problem. This seems problematic at best, if there is a problem, surely all uploading should be ceased at that point? This continuing to upload despite an error has been around for some years now, since DMPs were introduced, i really think all processes should be stopped immediately. If someone clicks upload, goes to make a drink, they can get an error message saying things are corrupt, but because they're not there to acknowledge, process continues uploading anyway.

Comment

Sorry you've had these problems, Lee. Nothing has changed in the v11 installer, I don't think it can be due to that, unless the copy you have is itself corrupted. But in that case I would expect it not to run at all.

If Kaspersky blocks the installer and doesn't notify you, I'm not sure what we can do about that TBH. There must be some way you can enable it, but unfortunately I've never used Kaspersky so I'm not at all familiar with it.

The v11 PSP file is in the download centre now, sorry for the delay. I've tested it here and it works fine in my environment, although I don't have UAC enabled ATM.
              Bruce Townsend
              Ecommerce Product Manager
              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Hi Bruce, thanks for your reply.

My setup file is not corrupt, nor is the catalog.exe as i have now managed to get both working. What is concerning is that my Kaspersky is completely standard setup as is my Actinic. Kaspersky is stopping installation of the PSPsetup.exe either as a standalone task or as part of the overall actinic installation. Once it does the DW integration, that is it. This is on 2 different machines, one XP, the other W7.

I have to go into Kaspersky and authorise Actinic 11 as a safe piece of software, before it can seemingly run properly. On a standard setup as mine is, this could create a number of issues for people, so maybe one worth noting with support or indeed in the KB.

On first upload it was complaining about cgi scripts not present, then the PSP corruption, but you could ignore the message and it would upload away in the background, is this as designed? Once it had uploaded for the first time and Kaspersky had allowed the pspsetup.exe to work, all seemed hunky dory.

Comment

Working...
                X