Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie - any recommendations before I start

Hi,

I have just sorted out my hosting and purchased V11. Before I delve into the deep end has anyone got any recommendations on dos and don'ts which may be of help?

Any comments / suggestions would be welcome and I look forward to being able to contribute to this forum.

Thanks

Dave

Firstly, welcome.

Well, a general browse around this forum looking at how people achieved different things would be a start for sure. Dont stick to the v11 areas, but also checkout anything from v8 onwards as much will assist, then the Advanced User Guide which is linked at the top of the forum will also assist in more custom features.

All the best.

Comment

Hi Ian

Many thanks for your prompt reply and suggestions. I have downloaded the AUG and will have a good look through the forum during the weekend and beyond,

Thanks again.

Dave

Comment

The two key things to remember once you start playing, are:

1) take snapshots every time you make a change
        2) learn how to revert a layout to factory settings

The inbuilt help is very good.

For snapshots, see "How do I back up my data" and for factory settings see "Library Layouts tab" or "How do I undo a mistake I have made."
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hi Jules

Many thanks for you reply and suggestions. Have taken note and will read up before jumping in with both feet.

Love your website. Did you design and build it yourself?

Got any earplugs to stop tinnitus?

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

Can't cure tinnitus sadly. Once damaged, those little cells don't repair themselves I'm afraid

But we have plenty of earplugs to stop it getting worse

Thanks for the compliment for the website. All new just two weeks ago. Hard work down to Lee Hackett from this community, nothing to do with me
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Being serious for a moment can earplugs stop tinnitus getting worse?

Fantastic design from Lee. You must be well pleased.

Comment

Earplugs can stop it getting worse because they can stop further damage being caused. But as you'll have seen in the press this week, the effects are irreversible and can lead to people doing awful things.

Comment

Yes I saw that this week. Very sad and I hope mine never gets as bad as that!

Comment

Jan at Mole-end has a free backup software that you can adjust the time intervall to make database backups at regular intervalls say 1 hour or 10 minutes, faster than snapshots and you dont have to worry about it being automatic

Be polite on the forum members do not work for actinic, some people seem to demand help rather than request.

Enjoy the experience and good luck with your shop
                    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your reply. The backup utility does sound very interesting, I will have a look at Jans site.

Thanks again for your reply.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
                        Earplugs can stop it getting worse
                        You've just reminded me that I had planned to buy some Musician Earplugs some time ago to stop my own hearing becoming damaged. I've played in loud bands for a decade and have been reasonably lucky so far - don't want to take any more changes.
                        Order placed Jules!

Dave, I always recommend people learn/practice how to search for answers on this forum. It's an often overlooked skill. How to search! Nearly all answers to your questions will have been answered by the many contributors within the community and many, many people have benefited from it. You just need to find them.
                        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Thanks Fergus,

I will indeed search the forum and look in the AUG for answers before I post for any help. I certainly don't what to attract the title of PITA newbie

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw View Post
                            don't want to take any more chances.
                            You should have said, could have organised a discount code! Anyway, have applied a retrospective dizzy

Comment

Working...
                            X