Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disabling 1st Level Links within Mega Menu

Hi everyone,
    Can anyone tell me if the 1st level links be disabled within the v11 Mega Menu? The Section name needs to show, display the drop down, if required but not be clickable.

Shoes.html (link disabled)
    - Shoe Type Sub section 1
    - Shoe Type Sub section 2
    - Shoe Type Sub section 3

Thanks to anyone who can help.
    Regards.

Lee Jackson
    Creative Director

Centurius Design & Marketing
    Centurius Website
    Portfolio of Work

Hi Lee,

It's Keith from Valves Online, Did you get an answer to this one as that's what I would like to do but not sure on how best to go about it?

Keith

Cheers Keith

Comment

Hi Keith,
      Happy New Year to you!!! Unfortunatley I didn't get a response for this one so still unsure whether it can be done. If I eventually find out I'll let you know.

Hope it's all going well.
      Regards.

Lee Jackson
      Creative Director

Centurius Website
      Portfolio of Work

Comment

Hi Lee/Keith,

You can disable the <a> tags in the top level section for the mega menu by editing the layout "Actinic Mega Menu Layout"

Look for the lines 20 to 23

Code:
                echo '<li><a id="main-link<actinic:variable name="ListIndex" selectable="false" />" href="<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%0d%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e" ><actinic:variable encoding="perl" name="SectionPageName" selectable="false" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29%20OR%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29" ><actinic:variable encoding="perl" name="SectionURL" selectable="false" /></actinic:block>"';
                if (count($kids) > 0) {
                  echo ' onmouseover="mmOpen(<actinic:variable name="ListIndex" selectable="false" />);" onmouseout="mmCloseTime();"';
                }
        You are looking to edit the href="....." value, removing the green block_if's and the SectionPageName values and replacing it with

href="javascript:void(0);"

e.g.

Code:
                echo '<li><a id="main-link<actinic:variable name="ListIndex" selectable="false" />" href="javascript:void(0);"';
                if (count($kids) > 0) {
                  echo ' onmouseover="mmOpen(<actinic:variable name="ListIndex" selectable="false" />);" onmouseout="mmCloseTime();"';
                }
        bear in mind though, that if someone has javascript disabled you are infact removing the option for them to navigate your site as the top level links will go nowhere.
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Thanks Fergus, will try that!
          Keith

Cheers Keith

Comment

Hi Fergus,
            Thanks for this. This worked a treat. I willl advise my client regarding the javascript beign disabled and let him decide.

Many thanks once again.

BTW I need to speak to you regarding you referral program at Teclan, as I am sending a numebr of our clients over to you. Let me know when would be good to talk.
            Regards.

Lee Jackson
            Creative Director

Centurius Website
            Portfolio of Work

Comment

Working...
            X