Possible Bug in Page Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Bug in Page Preview

I have just upgraded a site from v. 10 to 11 - all went smoothly but in page preview the Best Sellers list, which should be on in the left panel, spills over into the main page, pushing any products or fragments down the page.

If I do an off-line preview using Internet Explorer 9, all seems fine. Also, if I change the Embedded Preview Compatibility to 8 (under Site Options>Layout) the page preview renders correctly.

I searched the forum and I haven't seen anyone else with a similar v. 11 problem.

Hi Robert

I suggest raising a query with Actinic support so your issue can be investigated. You can call in if you have a cover contract with us, or send in an email query.

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Krithika, I'll do that.

Comment

I have had a similar issue with Actinic preview mode on my windows 7 machine where IE9 is installed. My checkout layout gets mangled, unless I put a metatag into the pages forcing IE9 into IE8 compatibility mode
        <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />
        , once I do this all is fine.
        However, once the site is uploaded to the server, and is viewed online it looks fine in IE9 without making this change.
        It seems like IE9 and Actinic preview mode are somehow affecting each other and upsetting page rendering. It seems to be CSS related to me, as if the two together prevent the CSS from being parsed properly.
        This occurred with Actinic V10.04 as well.
        I found the best way of getting round it was a blockif containing the condition
        <actinic:variable name="IsPreviewMode" /> == false
        surrounding the metatag so that it forced preview into IE8 compatibility, and let the "live" site use IE9 compatibility.
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Experienced a similar issue and nailed it down to a PHP script which worked fine in v9 and v10 but borked in preview mode in v11 but fine in external browsers.
          I solved by placing the block of PHP code into a new layout and calling the layout. Bonkers but it worked

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for those replies.

I've forwarded a snapshot and screen shot to Actinic for them to look into this. I'll let you know the outcome.

Comment

Working...
            X