X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receive orders from the World - but only delivery to the UK

Hi All,

We have a customer that was on V8 - and has been upgraded to V11

In their V8 during the checkout procedure - They had the Shipping destination on Checkout Page 0 - with only the UK countries/counties available. These were the only countries/counties set up in Locations.

Then the user was taken through to Checkout Page 1, where the customer could enter their Invoice address, with a worldwide address.

So, A customer from Germany could order a gift for a person in the UK

Now they have upgraded to V11 - we have the Invoice Address and Delivery Address on the same page Checkout Page 0
    With both invoice and delivery allowing only the countries/counties of the UK

How can I work it such that customers can enter worldwide addresses?

Cheers

Grant

Would this be something to do with the variable InvoiceLocationIsRestrictive ?

Comment

This is driving me batty trying to figure this one out.

Has it got something to do with Shipping tables?

In the V8 version of the store, all countries apart from those in the UK were removed from Locations - so, for delivery address it showed these.

This worked fine in V8, as there was the option on Checkout Page 0 to have the Shipping destination selection. And this would only allow UK addresses.

There was then the option checkbox for "If you want to ship the purchase to an address other than the invoice address check this box" - meaning that people from outside the UK could still order, but only delivery to UK addresses.

Now that this checkout procedure has all changed, I have to think of another way to achieve the same..

And it has me stumped.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Comment

My first port of call would be the countries included in shipping zones versus the countries within the tax zones. Perhaps that will allow what you need?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          My first port of call would be the countries included in shipping zones versus the countries within the tax zones. Perhaps that will allow what you need?
          Many thanks Lee,

Getting somewhere now

But it does mean I am going to have to re put in all the Countries that this user has taken out......

Ho hum

Comment

Working...
          X