Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of Stock - Push button grid

Hi

After many hours of reading about this I am still none the wiser.

If a product has two options (e.g. size and colour). I can create a push button grid of the options.

The hidden products are all created correctly for stock control purposes.

If one of these hidden products (lets say large and blue) has its stock level set to zero should that Buy button disappear from the grid?

If it should then I'll continue trying to work out what is wrong.

If not is there any way to prevent a visitor trying to buy a combination that is not in stock? I could display the text grid of available options but the permutations are many and the list is very very long and I can't expect customers to search through it.

Any thoughts on this gratefully received.

I suspect the standard facility tells you it is out of stock when you try to buy rather than adjust the page on the fly, as the site is not a dynamic setup. You will probably need to get some custom work completed to get what you want.

Comment

Hi Lee

Thank you for your reply (and all your other contributions to this community).

Whilst I understand this is not a dynamic setup the system does generate the buttons in the grid based on the permutations available at the time of publishing.

So in the same way that an option is removed from a drop down list of choices when an option is out of stock (for a product with one option) I had expected it to work in the same way for the grid.

If there is a developer out there with a solution I would be willing to pay for this if it is indeed not part of the standard Actinic feature set.

A definitive answer from an Actinic representative to close this thread would be highly beneficial, as I have read quite a lot of posts on this subject.

I will post my solution if and when I get one.

Thanks

Comment

I think what you will find Tim is that you will need to do an upload to remove an out of stock option, that then covers for the lack of dynamics. I'd have thought with V11 that this might be a bit cleverer, but to be fair this is a very complex area of Actinic. Norman at drillpine.biz has done some grid work before on various sites, might be worth dropping him an email, i'm not sure his grids were dynamic though, perhaps they can be with v11 now.

Comment

Working...
        X