Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mega Menu appears behind home page banner

Hi,
    I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place as it might be an issue more with my banner, but, on my home page:
    http://www.karaokeemporium.co.uk/

I have a rotating banner. All is ok in the latest browsers but in IE7 the mega menu comes up BEHIND the banner (so is basically uselss as you can't see it).

I'm guessing this is all to do with the z-index. The div for the mega menu seems to have a z-index of 99999 which I'm guessing is fine and there is no z-index for my rotating banner. I've tried giving my banner a lower z-index but that didn't make any difference.

Has anybody come across this before or can think of anything for me to try please?

Thanks very much for any help,
    Matt
    "only the strong survive"
    Karaoke Discs in CDG and DVD format

There's a lot of javascript errors on the page. Best sort those out first.

Comment

Hi Duncan,
      Do you think they could be the reason then? The errors don't seem to suggest they're related do they? (might be wrong though S)

Thanks for the help,
      Matt

Comment

Item needs to be positioned for z-index to work, make sure yours is.

Comment

I thought if I made the mega menu +99999 and then the banner div say +100 (although I did try 0 and 1) that it might work.

I might have done this wrong though so I'll go back through it all again and try and figure it out.

Thanks for the help guys

Comment

You don't need the +, your logic on the numbers is OK, like i said for z-index to work you need have the element positioned ie position: relative; in its css.

Comment

Ah, thanks Lee, I think it's the position:relative that I'm not using.

Thanks again Lee, I'll have a crack at that today when I the shop shuts.

Thanks,
              Matt

Comment

Working...
              X