Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

show weights in cart

Hi again,
    I know this was asked before, but I could not find a usefull answer to it anywhere, so here goes again.
    Our shipping costs are a fixed price per 25kg unit. The cost will vary by destination, but not by weight to any one destination.
    Most of our products have unit weights of 100 -200g, making it rather difficult for customers to keep track of the total weight of their order. We know that people don't want to whip out a calculator when ordering and don't write down quantities ordered, etc.. when their total order goes over the 25kg, they get a message stating so, but the order does not get processed. There is also no indication of how much the order is over the max limit. Most people do not want to generate a second box (at a second charge), but would rather change their order to stay within the 25 kg limit. It would be dead handy if next to each product the total weight of that particular part of the order can be shown, and also the overall total weight at the bottom of the order. If this updates as people update their orders, then life becomes very easy and we have far less frustrated customers...
    Is this possible, can it be done, etc.etc.

Ian

Not possible, can't be done at present. Nothing to stop you putting the weight into the product name so visible though.

Comment

I did an add-on for V8 that extends the existing Cart Cookie to also contain the total weight. So you could display it in the Cart Summary that's on every page.

I could re-do this for V11. Email me for details.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X