Template errors on product import.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Template errors on product import.

Ok so we are upgrading to v11 and as the company have been using the software for 6 years they have built-up quite an extensive product catalog.

So I thought I would take advantage of the upgrade to completely clean-up the templates, the catalog and the database, we are using enterprise with MSSQL.

Firstly I have created a new site in v11 and then I have exported a full snapshot from our live site in v10. I wanted to just import the catalog but this cannot be done straight from v10 to v11 you have to do a full snapshot first then export the catalog from v11 again then import the catalog into a new site in v11...

Ok so now I have my new site with the catalog imported, now I will import the new design. There is good reason for doing it this way, we have been having problems so a totally clean re-install is the best path to take.

What has happened is some products have not imported properly for some reason or another so what I have found is a way of editing the original catalog snapshot and taking out all the products I have already and just importing the products that are missing. Now these products import successfully but...

when viewing the preview the template is parsing the code like so:

as you can see it looks as though its showing all the product name variables and ignoring the conditionals.

I have looked into the csv import and there is nothing that gets added that should influence the template or design, but these products and there is only approx 150 out of 10,000 that are breaking the template?

any suggestions help would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Files

Incomplete post, I think.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
      Incomplete post, I think.
      Your too eager Norman, the forum logged me out midway so had to log back in to finish the post...

Thanks for the post though...!

Well isn't that just typical, I have been trying to solve this all weekend and have just decided to go in to the new site and try something, I changed one of the new site products which was displaying correctly to 'generate a single page' to test this new addition and it broke my product layout to look exactly the same as the screenshot above, so I have gone to the broken products, ticked the 'generate a single page' option and then unticked it and voila the template is now displaying correctly.

How strange?

Comment

Working...
      X