Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Stylesheet

Actinic Stylesheet will not update?

Tried clearing browser cache, and even cleared the computers complete history no go, restarted Actinic also?

I have added an element to the stylesheet and it will not appear?

Check the stylesheets that you've edited.

Make sure they are the correct ones and not incorrect ones.

I've been editing my stylesheets, wondering why it's not updating only to realise Actinic was pointing me to bobcat, premier and contemporary stylesheets when I was editing various Class tags.

Rarely it takes me to the correct Actinic Core stylesheet.

Not sure if it;'s a glitch on just my site, but you might be worth checking your Actinic to make sure its letting you edit the correct stylesheet.

Comment

Well I presume that there is only one stylesheet which is the 'actinic.css' main css?
      Thing is in actinic preview the styles are loaded and applied but if I 'preview current page' in Firefox with firebug or IE8 the styles are not loaded or applied.

I can see from the source that the 'actinic.css' stylesheet is loaded but without my style additions, but they are there in actinic, I have checked the sheet for syntax or layout errors and it is fine?

I have also just tried removing all the styles from the stylesheet in actinic so its completely empty and applying, this doesn't work the styles are still there so I am either using the wrong stylesheet or its not working as it should?

BTW. I am using the 'actinic stylesheet' button in actinic and this is where my styles were being applied.

Comment

Sometimes the only way to force a style change in Actinic is to use an inline style right at the element you want to change.

My designs usually have their own stylesheet referred to in the header in addition to the actinic sheet, and I try and strip out al the stuff from the Actinc sheet that I am not using. You cannot remove the other theme stylesheets from the design library but you can remove the reference to them from actiinic css.

If you are still having issues I would ask support
        Jonathan Chappell
        Website Designer
        SellerDeck Website Designer
        Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
        Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

I used to get this in v10 - a manual deletion of the actinic.css in the PreviewHTML folder was the only way to resolve.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by graphicz View Post
            My designs usually have their own stylesheet referred to in the header in addition to the actinic sheet
            I used to do this but found the right click to look up in stylesheet very handy so now once the outer design is nailed copy these into the main actinic.css and delete the bottom 50% of the existing as superfluous code.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for the replies gentlemen but to no avail, I have tried removing the actinic.css from the preview folders, I have removed the actinic.css from the root site directory, I have completely removed all styles from the stylesheet from within actinic yet they still appear, actinic is refusing to update. It obviously has reference to the stylesheet from somewhere?

I will update this with the answer when I get it?

UPDATE:
              It seems that v11 is not updating or correctly writing the temporary files to the ProgramData/mysites folder. It seems the stylesheet is either not updated or added empty. This is on a windows 7 pc and all permissions are checked and correct.

Comment

Working...
              X